Let's crafty!

Let's crafty!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Owl watercolors for special occasions!

This weekend I celebrated both Brie's birthday and Mark & Rachel's baby shower...and I painted a sweet little owl for both. Edy helped by sitting on my knee and trying to eat the paintbrush.

 
I painted Brie's owl in the colors she has in her house, so she could put him in any room.
 

For Mark & Rachel, I wanted to make the colors of the owl gender-neutral since it will be a surprise whether they are having a boy or girl.
 
 
Didn't they come out cute? I'm surprised I hadn't painted owls sooner since I made like 8000 of them out of felt :P
 
materials: pencil, Prang semi-moist watercolors on Canson Montval Watercolor Block, Faber-Castell PITT artist pen (brush) in #177.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...