Let's crafty!

Let's crafty!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Shopping and inspiration: Tea at Strathmore



Just before Christmas, my friend Brie and I went to the Strathmore Mansion in Bethesda for afternoon tea. We've started a tradition of going to a fancy tea once a month. I love seeing how the tables are set up all pretty for tea, and trying interesting (sometimes weird and gross!) tea sandwiches and pastries.

 
This tea had some delicious raisin scones, and tasty little veggie curry half-moons. Most of the other sandwiches were a bit too weird for me, but the tea itself was pretty good. Unfortunately, they don't give you a tea menu to choose from so we only got to try the one kind of tea.


The mansion itself is beautiful and had two great art shows up--Grayscale and the 79th Annual Fine Art in Miniature exhibition. I spent some time checking out the exhibitions, exploring the mansion, and of course, enjoying the wonderful gift shop!

 
 
 
Some fantastic shopping finds from the Strathmore gift shop!
Faux fur scarf: Dana Herbert. Blue-gray "Vienna in Teal" velour scarf: Powder. Book of labels: Galison. "I love not camping" and "Guess where I'm tattooed" emery board sets: Anne Taintor. Bird and flower stud earrings: Far Fetched. Lotus square earrings: Jo La Collage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...