Let's crafty!

Let's crafty!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Paint your own pottery

Check out what I made!


 
I recently tried one of those paint your own pottery things for the first time at The Pottery Stop. I wasn't sure how my piece would turn out since 1) it took me a hundred years to do, 2) I was trying a wax resist technique that seemed iffy, and 3) I made up the design as I went along. I also experimented with putting a ton of different paints in some of the areas which gave it a cool marble effect (but could equally have come out as a disaster for all I know).

But I totally love how this switchplate cover came out! The leaves look pretty cool. I would totally go again--and next time I want to make:
  • a larger switchplate
  • a round trinket box (maybe with a monarch butterfly on it?)
  • a large rectangular vase
A big thank you to Juli for introducing me to this fun crafty outing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...