Let's crafty!

Let's crafty!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Winding the warp!

Today I wound the warp for two more chenille scarves. Here's the tan one in progress. I wound 90 warp ends, which makes a scarf about 8.5" wide.


I wound the warp and tied it in two groups of about 45 warp ends each...the orange strings are ties to hold each group in place. Here's a view of the full warping board before I put any of the ties on.


The part (at the bottom of the picture) where the yarn crosses over itself in an X (before making a loop at the end)  is called the warp cross.


Here are some close-ups of it with the ties. One of the ties is to count the ends (in tens) at the warp cross and the others are to separate the parts of the loop and just hold the ends together in general.


I wound the warp for a second scarf in dark purple...that scarf will be purples and hot pinks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...