Let's crafty!

Let's crafty!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend notes and Monday weaving

Had a busy weekend! Saturday I went with Jyoti to the Charles Village Festival in Baltimore and then spent the afternoon enjoying the Baltimore Museum of Art. I hadn't been in years and forgot about some of the great stuff in the collection. My favorite?

This beautiful piece, La Vachère, by American Impressionist Theodore Robinson:


It reminded me very much of one of my favorite pieces in the National Gallery of Art, Monet's Bazille and Camille (Study for "Déjeuner sur l'Herbe"):


I love them both! It's like M. Bazille has turned into a cow though, haha. Also enjoyed some marvelous pieces in the contemporary collection by Motherwell, Rothko, Frankenthaler, etc.

Today I'm back to the loom and planning to finish the purple scarf. The first few rows of this one were more annoying than usual...the yarn felt like a different consistency or something, less springy. Here's the first foot or so:


More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...